Alternator Generates Energy to Feed the Electricity System
From dash lights flashing briefly, headlights dimming, not to mention odd smells and growling sounds – these may all hint at possible alternator problems. An alternator not only provides power to the vehicle’s electrical system, computer, and electrical accessories, it also keeps the battery charged. Precisely because of this, it is of utmost importance to ensure that your alternator functions properly.
Here at AutoEdge, our technicians can perform a health check on your vehicle to see if the reason your battery is dead is due to a faulty alternator or poor connection somewhere in the system. A bad alternator could leave you stuck, so it's best to have it inspected by a professional.
How will you know if it starts to malfunction? Below are some of the symptoms of a faulty alternator and if caught it time can ensure no trouble driving your vehicle. If left undiagnosed, you could find yourself on the 417 with a dead vehicle and at the mercy of the tow truck drivers.
- Low wait times & walk-ins welcome
- Labour costs up to $25/hr less than local competitors
- Master Technicians with Expertise in all makes & models
- Climate controlled service drop off area
- i-Fi, coffee, meeting rooms & a friendly atmosphere
- Location - close to local shopping at Bells Corners
- Shuttle/Loaner - in case of longer wait times