A/C Refresher Service: $129.95
Book an appointment or walk-in for a deep clean service for your A/C that removes mildew, mold, and odours. The new car smell dissipates after a year or so allowing other odours to be noticeable...we can fix that at your local AutoEdge.
Did you know that your A/C runs more in the winter?
When you defrost your car in the winter, the A/C pumps out hot air and along with it all the alergens, pollen and mould in the system. The A/C system generates condensation during the normal process of refrigeration. Its main component, the evaporator case, houses the part of the system that cools the air to your desired temperature. It also happens to be a cool, dark, and wet compartment creating an environment for the potential growth of mould and mildew.
- • Growth of mold and mildew is exacerbated as temperatures and the humidity rise.
- • Drivers set the A/C system on Max air or recirculation and tend to leave it there allowing virtually no fresh air to get mixed in.
- • There are many surfaces where the moisture takes longer to dry and/or may not dry between vehicle use.
- • The new car smell dissipates after a year or so allowing for other odours to become noticeable.
When you drop off your car, we…
- • use a heavy-duty detergent coil cleaner which foams up during application. It is injected through the A/C drain tube and the foam absorbs dirt and other residue. It then breaks down into a liquid and drains back out of the drain tube. This draining process takes out the contaminants in one easy operation.
- • use a conditioner specifically made to clean the air ducts in the system and eliminate odors
Pro Tip: Get your A/C Refresher Service during your regular service maintenance appointment to avoid a long wait.